My confession 21st Dec 2019 Eugene
It has been four months down the line for my 2nd
year as an apprentice in ministry with iServe Africa and all I can say is that
the gospel of Christ is the Key thing, nothing else matters. My heart has not
been inclined to the gospel or being exposed to the gospel as such a time as
this, all I can sing about is the gospel of Christ, nothing more.
Being at GracePoint church it has been one of the blessings
where you hear the gospel of Christ, a place where Christ is
exalted more than "the man of god", where we are all sinners and Christ is the
savior of us all. One thing I can say or rather the common phrase that we can find here
is look to Jesus, come to Christ, behold the lamb of God .All these have been
exposing my ignorance and my stubbornness in working with my strength to
achieve righteousness that has been imputed to me by Christ. Trying every
moment to please me to do this and that in order that I can
measure my right standing with. These have yielded to
nothing, only vanity of vanities, which has brought about disappointment, lack
of joy and doubt that I may not have faith enough, this has cause me to be hard on myself, viewing myself as a failure when I could not
achieve that mark.
Hearing of what Christ has done for me was
relieving me from the burden of works to achieve righteousness. Friends it is a
joy to know that most of the things written in scriptures are not prescriptive, but rather descriptive of how fallen we are and how we can never succeed in
this journey of faith by applying them to our lives directly. Every day it is a
journey that I am laying down the baggage I have been carrying either for years
or even adopted as I was going on with my Christian walk.
This journey does not take a day or two, but
rather takes time being exposed to ‘the bitter truth’ which first seems to be a
bitter tablet to swallow, but then with time you start to see the truth as it
is and you are able to praise God in heaven. There is nothing l can hold fast
on now like knowing that the Bible is about God and His people, Christ being
the main figure that we have been given to look at so that we can be saved. The whole canon of scripture points to nothing else but to Christ who is our only
savior, as one author of the old writers that is Charles Spergon, says that all roads
leads to London so all books in scripture lead to one man, Christ our
savior.
Nothing has become real like the fallen state of
man, how sinful we are from birth, how we cannot save ourselves from this
position of sin and how dark is the darkness that lies deep in our hearts.
Though this is the biggest problem I have encountered, I have also encountered
a great deliverance that has dealt with that problem that I can see the light.
This makes the words of the hymn ‘At the Cross’ to be so real especially
the line that says “At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light and the burden
of my heart rolled away” this is the truth that shines brightly than the darkness
that I was in, that rugged cross that brought my deliverance is the only true
things that can hold me, when Jesus was hanged on that cross then my darkness
was paid for, my guilt was washed away, all my sins washed away, then joy
filled my heart.
I knew of these things, but not in this depth as
I can express them today, not with this seriousness that I can say them today,
not with this conviction as I have in my heart today. As I can’t say that I
have come to that point of saying that now I know this theology very well
though I can say that I know enough to hold me even in the day of calamity, as
Christ will hold me fast in him than the way I can hold him.
This doesn’t mean I don’t have bad days or days
that I don’t have questions to ask when hard things happen. Some days I find
myself give in to discouragement, I experience loss which hurts badly though
one thing is intact, my faith in Him and even more how He holds me in Him in
this moment. I am still young and experience all the things that normal people
experience, hardships in our nation, I feel it and it hurts badly, the pain of
being misused at times, being jealous and even doing the wrong things a lot of
times, I hurt people badly sometime, as I am trying to emulate my Savior.
All these things even give me more reason to
look unto Him, go to Him so that He can embrace me and be able to make me whole
again, that He can teach how to be a better follower of His, sometimes I even
can’t get it the first time or the second but eventually, I will be able to get
it as I look unto Him. Though this is not how I want to live, hurting others
and mostly my savior, I choose to work hard with the strength He has given
through His Spirit in me that I may be better and do the best until I am with
Him when He calls me home or when He comes in His 2nd coming.
PRAYER
Lord, help us; help us that we may be those who
look up to you in all seasons. Help us that we may strive to live holy lives
here in a fallen and broken world which tempts us to prostitute ourselves to it
away from you. In ourselves, we are weak beings, not able to resist anything but
we pray that you may strengthen our inner man daily with your Spirit that we may
be able to fight this battle until the day of the Lord.
Help me that these truths I am learning may
remain deep in me at all times, that I may live maximizing all opportunities
you have given me so that I may worship you alone. Help your church to remain
true to your word, teach Christ alone, for your glory alone, help all the
believers to live with these truths in our lives and also reach out to others
in every opportunity we have. Amen.

What an amazing account of Christian youth life, am encouraged and edified, How I pray that in every pain,dissapointment and hurt we all be led to one thing, Him who is our saviour..Thanks for sharing, God bless you
ReplyDeleteWooow thank you brother for that insightful sharing.. it's rather interesting.. the irony of knowing the gospel and also experiencing the Gospel.. may the Lord help us and God bless you as He guards us till that day.
ReplyDeleteThat is the thing, knowing the gospel and experiencing it are two different things, may the Lord help us.
Deletethanks dear for the amazing sharing about the Gospel. May God give you more grace even as you serve in His vineyard. we desire to hear more from you about what God is inspiring you..
ReplyDelete